Saturday, January 30, 2010

Tapas 24, Barcelona

Tapas Experimental


Traditional Tapas with a creative twist and fine ingredients. Offshoot of the famous Commerc 24 by Michelin starred chef Carles Abellan, disciple of Feran Adria. Trendy feel, creative 'kitsch' decor, hip but cosy. Definitely a vibe that there's something going on here, but also a bit of the "look at me, I'm so smart" primping.




The Patatas Bravas here were served as french fries instead of the usual wedges or cubes, smothered in a delicously spicy red chili-tomato-aioli


The Tapas 24 'Bikini' : a fancy grilled ham n cheese sandwich. Jamon Iberico, molten mozzarella and Truffles, sandwiched into a tostada . Of course it tasted gooood. Crispy and creamy



The menu came printed on a paper bag which was also the storage for the cutlery. One of those oh-so-fashionable quirks I guess. I bet every tourist takes one of these home, just like I did.


I believe they are also open for breakfast from 8 am when the chef will cook the eggs any way you like it and then add his own eggy twist. Definitely worth a try.


Tapac 24 C/Diputacio 269, Barcelona, Ph: 934 880 977


No comments: